Monday, January 28, 2013

Half Marathon Journey #1

For the past few years I have been so set on becoming a runner, but I haven't been pushing for it. Obviously I have been hoping for the running fairy to come give me magic running shoes that make me the best runner ever. I hate to break this to you, but that fairy doesn't exist... No matter how much I want her to.

I have been trying so hard to be a runner. I follow programs, I run when I don't want to, then I give up. Either I don't focus on the end goal, I get too frustrated, I injure my knees, or I just don't want to run. However, the other day I found a program for very beginner runners. It is easy on your joints, and it's super slow paced (which, as much as I hate to say it, is what will keep me doing it)! So I started today. I walked for 10 minutes. I know it isn't a lot, but I am starting.

Why am I sharing this with the world? Because it will keep me motivated (Yes, this means that I will be sharing info with you. Yes, I actually will, more than I have in the past. :D). I want to run a half marathon so that I can prove to myself that I can do anything I put my mind to. I CAN do hard things.

1 comment: