Monday, November 2, 2015

An Attitude of Gratitude

"[...L]ive in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you." Alma 34:38

In an effort to improve my happiness, my outlook on life, and my attitude, I've decided that I need to share things that I am genuinely grateful for as often as possible throughout the month of November. Yes, I am doing this to lead up to Thanksgiving. Yes, that is an EXTREMELY cliche thing to do, but I need it.

I am grateful for my family. We are not perfect. We don't always get along, but I know I can always turn to them. ALWAYS. They support me in every decision I make. They are there to lift me up when I need it.

I am grateful for modern technology-specifically cell phones. I know this can be a necessary evil, but today I choose not to look at it that way. How amazing is it that we can call for help, communicate with a loved one, or find needed information from almost anywhere? 

I am grateful for the small tender mercies of the Lord. Things in my life are never perfect. They never go the way I plan. Nevertheless, the small blessings in my life prove to me that the Lord is aware of me. He loves me. He watches out for me. He is in the details of my life. He allows certain things to happen in my life so that I may learn and grow from them. I am grateful for His love.


No comments:

Post a Comment